After months of airy fairy crafting it was a delightfully creepy surprise to get some spooky goodies from Alpha Stamps. And so, I'd like to present, a perfectly peculiar poison tin.
I've used supplies from the Magic Potions Kit and a few other bits and bobs. (The supply list can be found at the end of this post.) You'll notice that the front of the wee tin is lovely and ornate. I've achieved this look by layering Brass Feathery Scroll Filigree*, some Flower Washers, and a few bezels... none of which were the same colour!
(Isn't that eye brilliant?! It's a 12mm Glass Cat Eye.)
• Gather some flourished elements and start layering them, building a composition. Don't worry if their colour doesn't match... we'll help them to get along.
• Glue all of your pieces to the surface of the tin and allow to set.
• Paint with a base coat of black paint. **Hint: multiple thin layers, given time to dry between coats, will work much better than a single thick layer of paint and preserves the details of the pieces.**
• Apply some silver acrylic paint. You may want to gently sponge off any excess.
• Apply a wash of dark paint to tone down the silver, allow it to pool in the crevices giving an aged look.
• With your finger, rub a little fresh silver paint to the highest areas.
The finished effect should allow you to combine different coloured elements to create piece that looks cohesive.
Let's take a look inside now...
Teeny tiny poison bottles!
I do have a sneaky trick to share to save you some aggravation with those shelves. Instead installing the shelf then fiddling around to fill it in that small space, consider gluing the little bottles to the shelf first. Once dried, use the back surface of the bottles to glue into place rather than the small edge of the shelf. If using this method, be sure to consider the depth and height of the space you are filling.
And if you're itching for a supply list...
Magic Potions Kit
Brass Feathery Scroll Filigree*
12mm Glass Cat Eye
Round Antique Bronze Filigree*
40x30mm Halloween Poison Cameo*
And a quick link to all the products used.